Profile : Purchaser
PROFILE PURCHASER/PROCUREMENT OFFICER (M/F):
Working at LIGNA means focusing on your professional and personal development. You are in charge of your career and help determine your growth trajectory based on what you can do, what you want and where you get your energy from.
Entrepreneurship and initiative are part of the LIGNA DNA. We challenge you to get the best out of yourself every day. You are given the freedom to run your business as it is your own, with the necessary support and in consultation with your colleagues.
We go for it together, every day! You never lose, you either win or learn.
We do not believe in job titles and defined tasks, but rather encourage you to look beyond your expertise. Challenging each other in a positive way is in our genes.
All this within an international environment where the family character has been preserved despite our beautiful growth.
Your responsibility should not be underestimated: in a highly competitive environment, a good purchasing policy can make the difference between profit and loss.
As a Procurement Officer you are assigned a number of product categories for which you are responsible from A to Z:
- Coordination of orders and delivery times;
- Follow-up of stock and availability;
- Drawing up competition questions;
- You manage existing suppliers and potentially look for new, international suppliers, comparing quality, delivery time and service level, negotiating a correct price and concluding contracts;
- You report directly to the management;
- You proactively search the market for new suppliers or products that can offer added value. Not only will you visit trade fairs and networking events, you will also not forget to build up a broad internal network;
- Together with your colleagues, you continuously improve the purchasing process;
- You manage the supplier base and maintain long-term relationships with our service partners. In doing so, you evaluate existing contracts on a regular basis;
- Because you are an excellent relationship manager, your suppliers are also proactive in providing new possibilities and proposals. You work together and actively think along with the Engineering team;
- You formulate your vision and determine the strategy of your package: Where are we going? What are our objectives? You then implement this in your approach;
- Education and experience – You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics (or equivalent experience);
- +5 years’ experience.
- You have technical affinity;
- Analytical reasoning ability – You are analytically strong and good at figures. This clarity is also evident in your reporting and administration (so you also get along well with Excel);
- Persuasion – Negotiation is in your blood. You feel comfortable when you have to convince others and can easily translate our needs to the suppliers.
- Socially fluent – You easily get in touch with others both inside and outside the company. You build up a network and engage in dialogue with all stakeholders in the process.
- Initiative – You look proactively at opportunities in the market and take initiatives in line with our strategy.
- Multilingualism – You speak and write English and Polish fluently. You will be speaking and writing in English everyday so this is very important that you have an excellent command of that language.